Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, 1969. State University of N.Y. at Buffalo
Honors and Activities:
- President of Inter-Residence Hall Association
- Chief Justice of Student Court of Appeals
- International Student to Italy (art and history)
Juris Doctor, 1972. State University of N.Y. at Buffalo Law School
Honors and Activities:
Admitted To Practice
- Senior Member Moot Court Board
- Finalist in the Charles S. Desmond Moot Court Competition
- Recipient of the Jaeckle-Abrams Scholarship
- Judicial Research Assistant to Buffalo City Court Judges
- Law Student Intern, Erie County District Attorney's Office, assigned felony prosecutions
1973 New York Courts
In residence seminar at Harvard Law School.
Legal seminars sponsored by the Chautauqua and Erie County Bar Associations, the New York State Bar Association, N.Y.S. and American Trial Lawyers Associations, and other professional organizations.
Northern Chautauqua County Bar Association
- President, 1978-1979; Vice-President 1976-1977; Secretary-Treasurer 1977-1978.
- Instituted annual free attorney consultations on "Law Day" and helped develop Association involvement in "Law Day" community programs. Current member.
Chautauqua County Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
- Fellow - New York State Bar Foundation.
- Past member of the state-wide Committee on Public Interest Law.
- Past member of the state-wide Committee on Citizenship Education.
- Member - New York State Bar Association Lawyer Referral & Information Service including Major Personal Injury Panel.
- Mentor Program.
- Elder Law, Family Law, Criminal Law and General Practice Law Sections.
Delegate for Chautauqua County Bar to the New York State Bar Association House of Delegates
American Bar Association
American Association for Justice
Other activities, past and present
- Volunteer lawyer for the Arts (pro bono legal assistance to resident art groups)
- Guest Lecturer on the law at Fredonia State University College
- Guest Lecturer and Career Day Speaker in local Grade and High Schools
- Listed in Who's Who in American Law and
- Chautauqua County Delegate to the Eighth Judicial District Nominating Convention for Supreme Court Justices
Private Practitioner of Law, 1973 - Present
Almost 40 years of extensive experience in civil and criminal litigation on every level from Justice Court to New York State's highest Court, the Court of Appeals. Areas of practice include criminal, family, personal injury, real estate and corporate law. During my career, I have represented thousands of individuals, a number of them through Court assignment. I have obtained awards of in excess of $1,000,000.00 in my personal injury practice.
Chautauqua County District Attorney, 1977
By appointment of Governor Hugh Carey. Responsible for the prosecution of five homicides, lead trial attorney on a three week homicide jury trial, budget preparation and required administrative activities for a staff of seven attorneys plus support personnel.
Chautauqua County Assistant Public Defender, 1973 - 1976
Provided defense for indigents in hundreds of misdemeanor and felony cases.
Student's Attorney, SUNY at Fredonia, 1973 - 1974
Assisted students with minor cases and legal problems.
Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association, No-Fault and Commercial Panel
Heard evidence and resolved issues of non-payment by insurance companies on medical and work-loss expenses suffered by injury victims in automobile accidents.
Examining Counsel, Ticor Title Guarantee
Authorized attorney to review real estate records for title insurance purposes.